Search

Friday, June 28, 2013

Letter to the President

June 28, 2013

Dear President Obama,

Hello, my name is Ella Warburg. I am an ingoing 8th grade student at Valley Christian in Dublin, California, just outside of San Francisco.  I know you are very busy, and I would like to thank you for all that you’ve done for our country in the past five years.  I am writing to you regarding the terrible elephant poaching problems that are occurring worldwide.   

On Thursday, November 8th, 2012, Former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton made her address at the State Department, concerning Wildlife Trafficking and Conservation.  The day before this speech, I started a blog on this subject called “E is for Elephants” (eis4elephants.blogspot.com).

As I am only 13 years old, this is my first time blogging.  However, after reading the sickening news reports and magazine articles, I knew I had to act. 

I would love to assist you in bringing awareness to this crisis and help combat the illegal trade of wildlife (and the unfortunate crime that follows) while promoting conservation.  How can I be of help?

Thank you so much,

Ella Caledonia Warburg



Go make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment