Search

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Letter to Secretary of State John Kerry

February 24, 2013

Dear Secretary of State Kerry,

My name is Ella Warburg.  I am a 7th grade student at Valley Christian Academy in Dublin, California, just outside of San Francisco.  I am writing to congratulate you on your recent appointment.  Also, I am writing to offer my help in the subject of illegal elephant poaching.

The day before former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton made an address at the State Department on Wildlife Trafficking and Conservation on November 8, 2012, I started a blog on this subject, titled “e is for elephants” (www.eis4elephants@blogspot.com).  I am only 13 years old, so this is my first time blogging.  However, after reading news reports about the dramatic increase in elephant slaughter, I knew I had to act.

I would love to be on your team to help the State Department to combat the illegal trade of wildlife and promote conservation.


Thank you so much,
Ella Warburg




Go make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment