Search

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Welcome to my blog, elephant lovers!




Hey friends of elephants! Everyone loves National Geographic Magazine, including me! I can barely wait to dive into the newest issue each month. When I received the October 2012 "Blood Ivory" cover story, I was horrified at what I saw. Reading in more depth, I learned about the awful things that are happening right now in Africa to these gentle giants. After further researching this topic, this blog just had to be created.

My goal from this blog is to stop the illegal killing of these animals. Won't you join me?

For now, all you have to do is watch this video, and leave a comment if you feel inspired!



Great job by reporter Bryan Christy and photographer Brent Stirton!



Go make a difference!

4 comments:

  1. I read the National Geographic article as well. It's quite shocking that people would kill such beautiful animals just for a decorative item.

    Any relation between your love of elephants and your name, Ella?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question, Mr. Sawchuk! It's me who is in love with elephants, not the people who named me!
    Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While visiting the Elephant Stay in Thailand, pianist Paul Bartonl had the chance to perform a duet with Peter the elephant. The two performed some 12 bar blues together, and Peter can even be seen shaking his head along to the music. See it here for yourself!
    http://www.qltyctrl.com/elephant-plays-blues-piano-player-thailand/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks for sharing with me!

    ReplyDelete