Search

Friday, October 11, 2013

Boon Lott's Elephant Santuary

Hi guys!  Lately I've been thinking about the Asian Elephants that also need our help.  In the past three decades, 950,000 Asian elephants have been killed (that's actually more than African Elephants). Did you know that right now, Asian Elephants are more endangered than African Elephants?

I have told my readers about Boon Lott's Elephant Sanctuary (BLES) before, but I would like to share some more about it. BLES is in Sukhothai, North Thailand.  Ms. Katherine Connor, the founder, started up this elephant preserve when she rescued a baby elephant that was to be a tourist attraction- a baby named Boon Lott.  The baby's story is remarkable; I encourage you to check it out! http://www.blesele.org/how_we_began/



You can find out more about this awesome elephant sanctuary here!



Go make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment